The 35,000-square-foot Wollaeger Hall houses first-year male students on its upper level. It features 12 x 18 foot, two-person air conditioned rooms and community style bathrooms. The main level of Wollaeger Hall is home to the Barbara Schoenbeck Early Learning Center and Hand-In-Hand Child Care Center, which serves the local community and offers training and enrichment for Concordia students pursuing careers in early child education.
Constructed in 1964, Wollaeger Hall was named after Rev. Herman William Franz Wollaeger, Ph.D., professor of German and librarian at Concordia from 1904 to 1941. At various points, the hall served as a women’s residence and a health center.