Why Writing at Concordia?
- Our English professors are experts in the field, balancing their research with their practical experience to make what they teach relevant to your future.
- Your professors will get to know you personally, challenge and support your intellectual growth, mentor you in preparing for a career and provide detailed letters of recommendation even beyond your graduation.
- You can participate in the Writing Club, work on The Sword student newspaper or tutor students in the Writing Center.
- Our Twin Cities metro location is home to a wide array of Fortune 500 companies, professional sports teams, government offices and TV and radio stations, so our communications students turn theory into practice at nearby internships and jobs.
- Because the coursework and experiences outside the classroom are designed to teach the knowledge and skills demanded in the marketplace, our English students find career success after graduation.
- Some of our English graduates move directly on to advanced study in graduate programs, and others find immediate employment at organizations, businesses and agencies of all sorts.
- Since a Concordia education is grounded in the liberal arts and exposes you to a wide range of disciplines across the sciences, humanities, and social sciences, you’ll graduate with versatile knowledge and critical thinking skills that are valuable in any career.
- In our Lutheran setting, you’ll acquire greater self-understanding and explore your place in the home, workplace, community and congregation as you prepare for a lifetime of thoughtful living and dedicated service.