Why Sport Psychology at Concordia?
- Our sport psychology professors are experts in the field, balancing their research with their practical experience to make what they teach relevant to your future.
- Your professors will get to know you personally, challenge and support your intellectual growth, mentor you in preparing for a career and provide detailed letters of recommendation even beyond your graduation.
- Concordia builds in opportunities to apply classroom learning to solve current problems in sport psychology.
- Concordia Health Alliance for Majors in Physical Education & Kinesiology (CHAMP) Club activities allow you to attend professional conferences and participate in service-learning opportunities.
- Our Twin Cities metro location is home to several professional sports teams and a wide array of industry, governmental, and nonprofit employers, so our sport psychology students can turn theory into practice at internships and jobs with a variety of local organizations, such as the Minnesota Twins, Timberwolves, Vikings, and Wild, the St. Paul Saints, area hospitals, and local, regional, and national fitness and wellness companies such as Acceleration Minnesota, Gold’s Gym, YMCA and YWCA.
- Because the coursework and experiences outside the classroom are designed to teach the knowledge and skills demanded in the marketplace, our sport psychology students find career success after graduation.
- Some of our sport psychology graduates move directly on to advanced study in graduate programs, and others find immediate employment at companies, agencies, and organizations of all sorts, including nationally known companies like Lifetime Fitness.
- Since a Concordia education is grounded in the liberal arts and exposes you to a wide range of disciplines across the sciences, humanities, and social sciences, you’ll graduate with versatile knowledge and critical thinking skills that are valuable in any career.
- In our Lutheran setting, you’ll acquire greater self-understanding and explore your place in the home, workplace, community and congregation as you prepare for a lifetime of thoughtful living and dedicated service.