Why Psychology at Concordia?
- Our psychology professors are experts in the field, balancing their research with their practical experience to make what they teach relevant to your future.
- Your professors will get to know you personally, challenge and support your intellectual growth, mentor you in preparing for a career and provide detailed letters of recommendation even beyond your graduation.
- You could conduct research and present it at the Minnesota Undergraduate Psychology Conference.
- Psychology Club activities allow you to listen to speakers, organize psychological awareness events and enjoy social functions.
- Our Twin Cities metro location is home to a wide array of health care, governmental, and nonprofit employers, so our psychology students turn theory into practice at nearby internships and jobs.
- Because the coursework and experiences outside the classroom are designed to teach the knowledge and skills demanded in the marketplace, our psychology students find career success after graduation.
- Some of our psychology graduates move directly on to advanced study in competitive graduate programs in counseling psychology, school psychology, social work and marriage and family therapy. Others find immediate employment at companies, agencies, and organizations of all sorts.
- Since a Concordia education is grounded in the liberal arts and exposes you to a wide range of disciplines across the sciences, humanities and social sciences, you’ll graduate with versatile knowledge and critical thinking skills that are valuable in any career.
- In our Lutheran setting, you’ll acquire greater self-understanding and explore your place in the home, workplace, community and congregation as you prepare for a lifetime of thoughtful living and dedicated service.