Why International Studies at Concordia?
- Our international studies professors are experts in the field, balancing their research with their practical experience to make what they teach relevant to your future.
- Your professors will get to know you personally, challenge and support your intellectual growth, mentor you in preparing for a career and provide detailed letters of recommendation even beyond your graduation.
- Student organizations like the Concordia Hmong United Student Association (CHUSA), History Club, Southeast Asian Student Association (SEASA) and Spanish Club allow you to get involved in planning awareness and social activities.
- You could study abroad in such places as Wales, Costa Rica, Mexico, Greece and Israel, just to name a few.
- Our Twin Cities metro location is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the nation and allows many opportunities to develop your global perspective and turn theory into practice at nearby internships and jobs.
- Because the coursework and experiences outside the classroom are designed to teach the knowledge and skills demanded in the marketplace, our international studies students find career success after graduation.
- Some of our international studies graduates move directly on to advanced study in graduate programs, and others find immediate employment at organizations, businesses and agencies of all sorts.
- Since a Concordia education is grounded in the liberal arts and exposes you to a wide range of disciplines across the sciences, humanities, and social sciences, you’ll graduate with versatile knowledge and critical thinking skills that are valuable in any career.
- In our Lutheran setting, you’ll acquire greater self-understanding and explore your place in the home, workplace, community and congregation as you prepare for a lifetime of thoughtful living and dedicated service.