Why Study Dance at Concordia?
- Our dance professors are experts in the field, since some of the best instructors come from the professional arena and bring a certain passion for dance that is meant to inspire as well as prepare you to be successful in your own career.
- Your professors will get to know you personally, challenge and support your intellectual growth, mentor you in preparing for a career and provide detailed letters of recommendation even beyond your graduation.
- You could perform in a student-run musical theatre production or get involved with the Dance Team, a performance-based team that combines a dance team style with cheerleading.
- The Student Theatre Association for Greater Education (STAGE) club lets you get involved in organizing events and meeting local performance artists.
- Because the coursework and experiences outside the classroom are designed to teach the knowledge and skills demanded in the marketplace, our dance students find career success after graduation.
- Some of our dance graduates move directly on to advanced study in graduate programs, and others find immediate employment at companies, agencies and organizations of all sorts.
- Since a Concordia education is grounded in the liberal arts and exposes you to a wide range of disciplines across the sciences, humanities, and social sciences, you’ll graduate with versatile knowledge and critical thinking skills that are valuable in any career.
- In our Lutheran setting, you’ll acquire greater self-understanding and explore your place in the home, workplace, community and congregation as you prepare for a lifetime of thoughtful living and dedicated service.