Why Criminal Justice at Concordia?
- Our criminal justice professors are experts in the field, balancing their research with their practical experience to make what they teach relevant to your future.
- Your professors will get to know you personally, challenge and support your intellectual growth, mentor you in preparing for a career and provide detailed letters of recommendation even beyond your graduation.
- Criminal justice majors complete a 12-credit internship to apply what they learn in the classroom to the criminal justice field.
- Criminal Justice Club activities allow you to connect with regional law enforcement professionals, attorneys and public policy makers.
- Our Twin Cities metro location allows you to choose from a variety of internship opportunities and interact with people from many different cultural backgrounds.
- Because the coursework and experiences outside the classroom are designed to teach the knowledge and skills demanded in the marketplace, our criminal justice students find career success after graduation.
- Our criminal justice graduates have found immediate employment at sheriff’s offices, police departments, correctional facilities, fire departments and many other public and private agencies.
- Since a Concordia education is grounded in the liberal arts and exposes you to a wide range of disciplines across the sciences, humanities, and social sciences, you’ll graduate with versatile knowledge and critical thinking skills that are valuable in any career.
- In our Lutheran setting, you’ll acquire greater self-understanding and explore your place in the home, workplace, community and congregation as you prepare for a lifetime of thoughtful living and dedicated service.