About Joseph Arvidson
Joe Arvidson brings a practical approach to the course Correctional Design. With more than 25 years as a probation officer, Mr. Arvidson has the experience to bring course material to life for students and illustrate how practical theories work in the "real world." He is now employed as a Planning Specialist for Ramsey County Community Corrections in their Staff Training and Organizational Development Unit. The mixture of academic excellence with professional acumen gives students critical analysis skills that will need in the workplace.
Joe Arvidson has taught at Concordia since 2000, designing and teaching several undergraduate and graduate level courses.
- M.S. Administration of Criminal Justice, St. Cloud State University, 1988.
- B.A., Criminal Justice Studies, St. Cloud State University, 1985.
- Dedicated Service Award, Minnesota Gang Strike Force, 2005.
- Minnesota Corrections Association's Professional Achievement Award, 2008.
- Award of Merit, presented by the Minnesota Public Safety Awards Committee, 2008.
- Chief's Award of Merit for Outstanding Police Service, Metro Transit Police, 2009.
- Mr. Arvidson is also certified to train in Motivational Interviewing, Aggression Replacement Therapy (ART) and in the use of the Level of Service Case Management Inventory(LSCMI).